hVIVO is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This website is not intended for nor designed to attract individuals under the age of 18. We do not collect personal data from any person whom we know or suspect is an individual under the age of 18.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We process your personal data, which may include your name, email address, phone number, account identification data e.g. usernames, encrypted passwords, details in your CV and details of any enquiry which you may have, when you use the ‘Contact Us’ tab on our website or when we communicate by other means, for example by telephone or email.
We may collect and process records of any correspondence and communications with us and telephone calls may also be recorded.
We also ask you if you would like to provide your consent to receive information from us, from time to time, including promotional emails about new products, special offers, career opportunities or other information which we think you may find interesting.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, MAC addresses, traffic data, location data, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and cookies, which will be collected in accordance with our cookies policy;
- information about your visit to our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for, your conduct via the site, and any other site activity, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways, depending on the nature of your enquiry:
- to communicate with you (in writing, by telephone or by email/text message), to respond to any query or application which you send via our website;
- to permit you to submit your CV to apply online for jobs;
- evaluate data about you against vacancies which we may have that we determine may be suitable for you;
- communicate with you about relevant job opportunities;
- to engage with third-parties where we have engaged them to deliver services that have been requested. These may include references, qualifications, criminal reference checking services.
- to provide you with information about our research, our products and/or our career opportunities;
- to produce aggregated data analytics, statistical research and reports, which may be used to review and change our services;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure, understand or monitor the effectiveness of advertising, promotions, marketing material and content and any joint initiatives with our affiliates, suppliers, partners, subcontractors and other selected third parties;
USING YOUR INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH DATA PROTECTION LAW
Consent: We will sometimes ask you to provide your consent for the collection and/or further use of your personal data, whilst on other occasions a different legal basis (see below) may be more legally appropriate depending on the purposes for which your personal data are to be used by us.
Direct marketing: we seek your prior ‘opt-in’ consent before sending you any (i) information about our research, our products, our services and/or career opportunities. You have the right to withdraw your consent and can object to processing of this nature, at any time.
Compliance with legal obligations: As an entity established under the laws of England and Wales, we are obliged to comply with UK laws and guidance provided by UK regulatory bodies. Where we are legally obliged to disclose your personal data to a third party e.g. within the terms of a UK court order or where required to do so in line with a specific requirement in any UK legislation, the processing will fall within this category. You will not be able to object to the processing or ask for the deletion of your personal data when it is processed upon this legal basis.
It is in our legitimate interests to collect your personal data when you browse our website, for example, as it provides us with the information that we need in order to improve your experience and those of other visitors as they use the website in future.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR
The period of time for which personal data is processed (including storage) will depend on the nature of the personal data and the purpose for which we have indicated to you that it is to be processed by us. Personal data held for a direct marketing purpose is held for two (2) years
If your online job application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details on our database for two (2) years so that we may contact you in the event that a suitable opportunity becomes available for which you may wish to be considered. We would ask that you keep us updated in relation to your contact details if you wish to remain on our database for this purpose.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with any member of our Group, which means its subsidiaries, and its ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (our “Group“) where there is a legal basis for doing so under data protection law and to meet stated legitimate business purposes.
We will only share your personal data with other members of the Group for marketing purposes where you have expressly consented to the disclosure of your personal data for these purposes.
We will only share your personal data with the following where there is a business need to do so and where there is also a clear legal basis under data protection law:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them. This includes iCIMS, Inc. which provides our on-line career portal system, Mail Chimp (The Rocket Science Group LLC) and Act-On Software, Inc. which assist us with our email marketing campaigns and Nephew Media (England Ltd) for the purposes of website administration and hosting services;
- third party suppliers and service providers to the extent they assist the Group with its legal / regulatory obligations;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and other selected third parties; and
We will disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- in the unlikely event of any insolvency situation (e.g. the administration or liquidation) of hVIVO PLC or any of its Group;
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTED?
Your personal data is only shared with staff within our organisation and with any partners who work closely with us on a ‘need to know’ basis for our legitimate business purposes and access to databases and folders containing personal data is restricted to appropriate staff. We have implemented organisational and technical security measures to safeguard and protect against unauthorised access to your personal data.
Our suppliers are also required to agree to data protection measures to protect your personal data which includes the requirement for them to commit to only process individuals’ personal data consistent with contractual purposes and with appropriate technical and organisational security safeguards.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Most of the data that we collect from you is processed, and stored securely by us within, the European Economic Area (“EEA“) However, where your personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, this processing is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. Personal data held by the suppliers who assist us with our online career portal and our email marketing campaigns is processed securely and in accordance with the data protections for EU citizens’ privacy rights under the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome).
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, or those of our suppliers.
You have a number of rights under data protection law in relation to the way we process your personal data, although these are not absolute and in some instances we may be unable to accept your request, in which case we will respond to you to explain why. These are set out below. You may contact us using the details on our website (or by contacting us directly – details below) to exercise any of these rights and we will respond to any request received from you within one month from the date of the request.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to us in this way in the first instance. You can exercise any of the rights below by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|NUMBER||DESCRIPTION OF RIGHT|
A right to access personal data held by us about you.
|A right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you.
|A right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for; or where you withdraw your consent if we are using your personal data based on your consent; or where you object to the way we process your data (in line with Right 6 below).
|A right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): you dispute the accuracy of the personal data held by us; or where you would have the right to require us to erase the personal data but would prefer that our processing is restricted instead; or where we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for, but you require the data for the purposes of dealing with legal claims.
|A right to receive personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. This right will only apply where the processing is based on consent or a contract (see above) and the processing is carried out by automated means. You also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organisation, at your request.
|A right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you (including for the purposes of sending marketing materials to you).|
A right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data (for example, where you have asked to receive marketing information about our services or products).
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of your personal data, or are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their address is:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner’s Office
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Please note that our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
This policy was last reviewed and updated: August 2019